386 views
2.2

I pay $2500/year for my $800k house to be properly protected with homeowners insurance. In the last heavy snowstorm, my Deck collapsed due to weight of snow.

The adjuster, after no-showing to two scheduled appointments, came out to assess the damage. He found that the snow didn’t cause the collapsed Deck. He found that the Deck didn’t meet building code. I bought this house as a new construction 12 years ago.

He claimed the footers weren’t deep enough. Apparently I should have known that the footers, beneath the ground, weren’t deep enough. Claim DENIED! I’m out $25k, despite paying them to protect me.

Amica “investigates” claims with the sole purpose of finding someone at fault so they do NOT have to pay. They are worthless and their customer service was poor throughout the claims process.

Product or Service Mentioned: Amica Insurance Homeowners Policy Claim.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Location: 100 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865, USA

Comments

Agree, Amica looks for reasons not to pay. They low ball like all the other Insurance companies, than drag out the claims process hoping you will give up. If you pd for coverage and didn't get it you might need to sue them.

Amica Insurance Reviews