Just switched to AMICA in Sept/2011.They gave me a fabulous quote for home and auto.

The dwelling replacement cost they quoted me was $272K at 130% replacement, which was right in line with other companies I contacted for quotes. Once I signed with AMICA, I elected to have EFT from my credit card. After the first premium payment, I received a call from the agent who signed me up stating, the corporate office reviewed my coverage and based on the exterior inspection they need to increase my replacement cost to $324K in order to qualify for the 130% replacement. This is just another "bait and switch" rip-off corporation, big business who thinks they can manipulate the consumer at will.

It's time for Americans to fight back!There should be a movement to "Occupy Insurances".

Had an Experience with Amica Insurance?

Comments

Just experienced the same "bait & switch" tactic with Amica after moving both my home and auto (30+ yrs with Geico) insurance in June/2012 to them and less than 30 days later contacted by the agent after the inspection who signed me up stating, the corporate office reviewed my coverage and based on the exterior inspection they need to significantly increase my replacement cost and premiums. Thoroughly disappointed with Amica & only wish I had seen this post b4 making the switch. But like you, I'm shouting from the rooftop to warn others here and on my social & professional networks.

I like the fact that they want you to contact them to discuss this,,,,State Farm would never make the attempt. What a nightmare I wen through with them!

We saw your post and would like to follow up with you offline. Can you please send your contact info to socialmedia@amica.com? Tks!

We saw your post and would like to follow up with you about this. Can you please send your contact information to socialmedia@Amica.com? Thanks!